Online Assessment Test – do it now!
To ensure that all the enrolled students have the required background to our program we apply an Online Assessment Test before the application procedure. This test is taken by all candidates and it is applied online through our website.
The Online Assessment Test is aimed to assess your basic knowledge on the required foundations in information and communication engineering. The results are kept confidential, and they are used only in the admission procedure. Once approved, your results on the tests will not affect your studies towards the master degree.
The test will cover the following topics (recommended literature is also given):
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Electrostatic Fields
- Circuit Analysis
- Electronic Circuits
- System Theory
- Continous and Discrete Systems and Signals
- Fourier Series
- Fourier Transform
- Laplace Transform
- Hennessy/Patterson: Computer Architecture – A Quantitative Approach (2nd ed.)
- R.H. Katz: Contemporary Logic Design
- E. McCluskey: Logic Design Principles
- Ian Sommerville: Software Engineering (6th ed.)
- Martin Fowler, Kendall Scott: UML Distilled (2nd ed.)
- Richard Jaeger: Microelectronic Circuit Design
Basic Communication Engineering
- S. Haykin: Communication Systems
- R. Ziemer, R. Peterson: Digital Communication
- D. Cheng: Field and Wave Electromagnetics
- J. G. Proakis: Digital Communications
- S. Benedetto, E. Biglieri: Principles of Digital Transmission
To help you to access if you have the right background to our program, we are including here some sample tests, extracted from examinations of our Bachelor-level courses. We encourage you to apply only if you find no dificulties on solving the problems presented in the sample tests.