Read carefully the instructions below. Your admission can only be granted if you follow them strictly.
- The online test as well as the online application via academic foreigner office is open from December until 15th of July. Applications, coming in early, will get the acceptance early.
- You start the first part by filling in a registration form in our online system. You will choose an username and a password which will grant you access to all online system facilities.
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will be asked to provide us via email a set of digital copies (scanned images) of your academic transcripts (list of courses taken and marks awarded). See our FAQ for further information (students yet to graduate, eligibility, etc.).
- After the digital copies of your documents are received, you will be granted access to the online test , which is accessed through the online system interface (see link below). This test is part of the application procedure, and is aimed to check whether you have the required background to join our study program.
- Being approved on the online test, you will be able to start the second part of the application procedure. You will be provided with a link to the online application website of the Foreign Student's Office. Please keep in mind, that the link provided for the online application over the Foreign Student's Office will be available for you in the beginning of Mai.You will also have to fill in another formular and send them certified paper copies of your application documents (this time, you must send via post a set of authenticated copies of the academic transcripts, degree certificate and English proficiency certificate, as well as translations if needed). Further information about the second part of the process is available at the website of the Foreign Student's Office.
- After the formal analysis by Foreign Students' Office succeeds, your application documents will be forwarded by them to the iCE Selection Committee. The Committee will take into account your results on the online test, your academic transcripts and your curriculum vitae, and will decide if your previous studies match the expected background for the iCE Program. If the analysis of the Selection Committee shows your that you have covered all the required fundamentals, you will be recommended for enrollment, and an admission letter will be then issued by the Foreign Students' Office.
- To be informed about your status of application, please refer to the Academic foreigner office (Akademisches Auslandsamt). Don`t call the Masteroffice, since we have no information related to your application status.
- Notice that the application process may take several weeks, so apply in advance in order to have your admission letter in time. This is a particularly critical issue for those students who need to apply for student visa (see recommendation below), because in many countries such process may take more than two months. We recommend you to apply as soon as possible in order to get your acceptance earlier. Applications are expected to be completed before July 15th, in order to grant admission in the same year.
- Even though the technical lectures start on the third week of October, all iCE students are expected to be in Darmstadt on the first working day of September. In the meantime, the following activities take place: mandatory German language courseenrollment and issuing of student ID card
The figure shows the complete procedure, as well as the deadlines for each step (green-colored activities are handled by iCE Coordination, violet-colored activities are handled by the Foreign Student's Office).